Sunday, July 3, 2011
Old-Fashioned Butter Cups Cake
Ingredients - 25-28 pcs cups cake
250 g chilled butter
180 g caster sugar
6 large eggs, separated
220 g self raising flour, sifted
50 ml milk
1 tsp of cream of tartar
1) Line muffin pan with paper cups. Preheat oven at 160 C.
2) Beat butter and 120g sugar by machine until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides a few times. Check to see if sugar has dissolved before going to next step.
3) Add the yolks one by one, beating well after each addition and then add the milk.
4) In another bowl, whisk egg whites with remaining g sugar and a pinch of cream of tartar until soft peaks.
5) Fold in the egg whites and flour into the butter mixture, alternately, in 2 or 3 batches.
6) Pour batter into prepared prepared muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minute or until skewer plunged into middle of cake comes out clean.