*500 ml fresh coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
a few drops of yellow food coloring
Fresh durian filling
* Coconut milk, mix 100ml thick coconut milk to 400ml water. Stir.
1. Place flour, eggs, fresh milk, salt and food coloring in a blender. Blend till well mix and put through a sieve.
2. Keep the batter for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat a non stick pan and pour a ladle of batter onto the pan. Spread the batter by turning the pan around.
4. Cook just for a minute or two. Remove from heat. Repeat the same procedure till all the batter had been used up.
5. To assemble, place a dollop of fresh cream and top it with durian filling on top of the thin pancake and roll it like a pillow.
6. Ready to serve.
1. Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff. Chill
2. You can blend the durian flesh or mash it with a fork. I think I prefer to mash with a fork because the blended durian was too mushy and the fibers were all cut up.
3. You can mix the cream with the durian or leave separate.
Put a heaped tablespoon of whipped cream onto the center of the pancake (smooth/unfried side facing plate), top with a level half tablespoon of durian flesh, and fold into a small, puffed rectangular pillow. If you have mixed the cream and durian, just plop a large tablespoon onto the middle of the pancake and fold. Chill very well before serving.