Self- Raising Flour - 375g ( 2 1/2 cups)
Baking Powder - 6g ( 1 1/2 tsp)
Baking Soda - 4g ( 1 tsp)
Cinnamon Power - 4g (1 tsp)
Salt - 1g (1/4 tsp)
Brown Sugar - 135g ( 3/4 cup)
Castor Sugar - 180g ( 1 cup)
Eggs - 200g ( 4 eggs)
Corn Oil -100g ( 1cup)
Butter (melted) - 100g ( 1 cup)
Grated Carrots - 350g
Walnuts (Chopped) - 30g
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
Cream Cheese - 180g ( 3/4 cup)
Butter - 40g ( 3 tbs)
Icing Sugar - 40g ( 1/3 cup)
Lemon Juice - 5g ( 1 tsp)
1. Pre-heat oven 180C (350F)
2.Steve the self-raising flour, baking power, baking soda together. Pour it into a mixing bowl.
3. Add in grated carrots, corn oil, melted butter, Cinnamon power, brown sugar, Castor sugar and eggs.
4. Mix until smooth. Finally, blend in the chopped walnuts.
5. Pour batter into a greaseproof paper lined square cake pan 22cm X 22cm X 2 cm or 9in X 9in X 1.5 in or cup cake mould.
6.Bake in the oven for 40- 55 minute.
7. Allow the carrot cake cool. Then decorate the top with the cream cheese topping. Place cake in the refrigerator.
8.To prepare cream cheese topping, place ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Apply on top of cake.
NOTE : Above cake shown without cream cheese topping. (Not enough time to prepare cream cheese, need to rush to work. Back from work, left only few carrot cup cake... so, did't borther to make cream cheese!)