- 1 whole chicken (cut into chunks about 1 1/2 inches)
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks (Deep fried)
- 4-6 big onion, peeled and blend
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 1 packet of curry paste (A1 brand from supermarket)
- 1/2 kg tick coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt or fish sauce , or to taste
- 10-15 pieces curry leaves
- Ground coriander, optional
Preparation:Heat a wok or deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir fly until the onion is softened and translucent. Add the curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant.
Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is coated with the curry paste.
Add the coconut milk, sugar, curry leaves, salt or fish sauce. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked. Add the potatoes and stir for a minute.
Taste the curried chicken and adjust the seasoning if desired. Sprinkle the ground coriander over top.