Thanks to Lia Chen for sharing her recipe Bloglicious
150 gr cake flour, sifted
150 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
150 gr castor sugar, divided by 2 (@ 75 gr)
200 gr durian flesh, mashed with a back of the fork
100 gr durian flesh for spread, mashed with a back of the fork
20 gr milk powder
6 egg yolks
4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C (fan).
- Prepare 30 mini cupcakes cups and arrange them on the top of the baking pan.
- Put the butter and the half portion (75gr) of sugar in a mixing bowl, beat it with an electric mixer until soft and creamy.
- Add egg yolk one by one until mix well.
- Add sifted flour, durian flesh, milk powder and mix well.
- Put white eggs in a another clean mixing bowl, beat it with an electric mixer until egg whites are foamy. Then add the half portion (75gr) of sugar, continue beating until egg whites become glossy with stiff peaks.
- Add egg white mixture into the other mixture and fold in lightly with spatula until incorporate completely.
- Pour the batter into a large piping bag, pipe batter into prepared mini cupcakes cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Put durian spread on the top just before serving it.