I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest (MFF) Kedah & Perlis month
hosted by WendyinKK of Table for 2
Recipe adapted from Wendyinkk
Ingredients - Sticky rice
2 cups glutinous rice (sticky rice)
4 cups water or coconut milk to cover the glutinous rice
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Rinse and clean the sticky rice and soak for 3-5 hours.
2. Put all ingredients into a tray and bring to steamed for 35-40 minute.
3. When cook, stir the glutinous rice so that the coconut cover evenly.
4. Cover and let it stand for 30minute.
5. Serve glutinous rice (room tamperature) with coconut milk and mango.
Ingredients - Coconut Milk Sauce
200 gm tick coconut milk
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients and cook on medium low heat while stirring slowly.
2. When bubbles start to appear on the side of pot and the mixture seems to start tickening, turn off the heat.If the gravy is overcooked, the coconut milk might split and no longer taste freshly coconutty.
3. Let the gravy cool down and ready to be serve.