- Recipe adapted from Anncoo
- Sprinkle some salt over the the sliced cucumber for about 20-30 minutes. This will make the cucumbers crunchy. Rinse, drain and squeeze dry, set aside.
- Peel potato skins and cut into small pieces. Put water in a pot and add enough water to submerge the potatoes. Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes softened.
- In a larger bowl, mash cooked potato with a fork, leaving some chunks behind. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile rinse egg with water and boil to cook with a pinch of salt water. Remove cooked egg and remove egg shell and mash the egg with a fork in a small bowl, set aside.
- Shred or cut the cucumber and carrot into slice thinly
- Add carrot, cucumber, egg and ham into the mashed potato bowl, mix well.
- Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper or season to taste.
- Mix well and chill in refrigerator and served cool.
4 Russett potatoes (medium size)
1/2 Japanese cucumber (slice thinly)
1/2 carrot (slice thinly)
2 Hard boiled egg
1 slice dry roasted Ham, cut to small strips
5-6 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise or any brand
a pinch of Salt and a dash of pepper