Recipe adapted from vivianpangkitchen
1 processed cuttlefish (bought from wet market)
A bunch of young water convolvulus (kangkung)
(B) Sauce (Mix ttogether)
2 tablespoons Hoi Sin sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons prawn paste
1/2 teaspoons sambal belacan
1/2 teaspoon sugar or to taste
2 tablespoons water
1 Calamasi (limau kasturi )
Some toasted sesame seeds
Some ground peanuts
1. Washed water convolvulus and pluck into bite length size. Set aside. Cut the processed cuttlefish into bite length size too.
2. Heat a pot of water and when water comes to a boil, blanch the water convolvulus till turn dark green (less than a minute) and remove.
3. Then, Blanch cuttlefish for about 2-3 minutes (thick slices take longer time) and remove.
* Do not overcooked cuttlefish as the texture will turn rubbery.
4. Preparing the sauce. Mix all together in a mixing bowl till well combine. Taste and adjust accordingly.
5. Serving by placing cuttlefish on top of water convolvulus. Pour the mixed sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and ground peanuts. Serve immediately.