Recipe adapted from Justadelish
- 200g Black Glutinous Rice (Pulut Hitam)
- 120g Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka)
- 1.5 liter Water
- 10 Dried Longan – Optional
- 2-3 Dried orange peel - Optional
- 150ml Coconut Milk
- 2 Pandan Leafs (Screwpine Leaf) – Optional
- pinch of Salt
- Wash the rice and rinse thoroughly.
- Add rice, dried longan and water into a pot bring it to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer the mixtures for about 2 hours, constantly stirring every 15 minutes to prevent the rice from sticking or burning the bottom of the pot. If the water dries out, add some water.
- The water will be reduced and getting thicker, add more water if it becomes too dry. Cook until the rice is soft and mushy, . The porridge should be thick, with minimal water.
- Add palm sugar, stir until dissolved.
- In another small pot, heat up the coconut milk, pandan leaf and a pinch of salt on low fire. Bring it to a gentle simmer and switch of the fire. Remove the pandan leaf.
- Serve the porridge hot, with a few spoonful of coconut milk on top. I also love it served cold.