Recipe type: Appetiser / Main
- 1kg Jicama / Sengkuang – shred finely
- 2 Carrot – shredded finely
- 3 Dried Cuttlefish – shred finely and soaked for 5 minutes
- 3 Big Dried Mushrooms – soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and thinly sliced
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce.
- 1 tbsp. light soya sauce
- 20g dry prawn - wash & soaked for 5 minutes
- 5 shallot - cut into thinly sliced
- In a wok, heat oil. Saute dry prawn and shallot until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add cuttlefish, and mushrooms. Cook until they soften.
- Add jicama and carrot and fry until cooked. Add 100ml water and switch fire to low, cover wok to slow cook for about 10 minutes until water has been almost absorbed and jicama is soft. (the longer you braise it, the more flavourful the dish will be).
- Season with fish sauce, light soya sauce and pepper to taste.
- Serve wrapped in fresh lettuce leaves.