- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Toasted bread cubes.
- Cut pumpkin into cubes.
- Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 15 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley and toasted bread cubes.