Recipe adapted from Wendyinkk
60gm butter (salted)
1 egg (medium size)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( Out of stock, so I didn't use)
50gm cake flour, sifted with 1/2tsp baking powder ( I use 60gm self raising flour)
30gm whipping cream (optional - I used)
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (Out of stock, so I didn't use)
1 tsp custard powder
1 tsp plain flour
1 egg white
1/8 tsp salt
few drops of vinegar or 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp sugar
few drops of vanilla (Out of stock, so I didn't use)
1. Preheat oven at 170C. Prepare 10pcs of large egg tart tins.
2. Prepare tart base. Beat butter with sugar until pale and then beat the egg. Beat until it looks likebuttercream. Beat in vanilla extract. Fold in flour. Divide into prepared pans. Bake for 15min.
3. Meanwhile, prepare custard. Place all custard ingredient into a pot and bring to boil in a really low fire until it is cooked.
4. Prepare meringue. Beat egg white with salt until frothy, then put in vinegar. Add in sugar gradually and beat until stiff. Put in vanilla and give it a light beating just to combine.
5. When the base are done, remove them from the pan and divide the custard filling equally.
6.Pipe the meringue using a 7mm round tip around and on top of the custard in your preferred manner.
7.Grill at 180C for 3-5minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
I am submitting this post to MFF, Sabah month,
Hosted by Mary Chey of A Pepper's Love.